Skip to main content

Teaching English as A Foreign Language


CAUTION: THERE MAY BE MANY ERRORS OF ENGLISH USED


I'm not good at English. I'm not an expert of English teaching. I'm not well educated and don't conduct a research. Actually, without my description, people reading this have understood about things which I mentioned before. It's too broad that I name this blog as TEFL. I ask myself a question whether I publish this blog or not.

I write what I experience in the class. I make this blog for reminding myself what games which I should use in my class activities. I find writing so difficult that you may doubt when reading my writing. Perhaps nobody reads the blog which I make. As a result, 'you' here refers to the one writing this because he is the only one reading the blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing Vs Imagining

I wish I could always update what I've started. Actually, I'm writing not to tell others of how teaching English is, but these are for my own reminder since I can't manage my stuff of teaching things well. By writing them, I can easily check what I want to use for my following different classes. However, I'm not good writing, and vlog now seems more popular; I mean useful; than blog. I hope someday I can continue writing. Have I got vlog? No, I haven't. I keep updating my Instagram, @teflcase_teachingenglish. It doesn't mean that I provide awesome teaching tips or such stuff, but I just want to make such kinds of place to save what I have made, so that in a different occasion I can look at them again for some purposes. I, actually, try to write more procedures of teaching English for some class activities, but I may rethink to continue writing due to some reasons. I know Imagining is more fun that Writing; I think. Then, I don't write but imagine. My bad...

Post 15. Story Starters

Speaking Activity/Writing Activity Pre - Intermediate to Advanced Group Work To make a story based on the starters with the same sentence as the beginning The Teacher The teacher makes the story starters for each group. Using sticks makes the teacher busy, but it's more interesting for students. Every member of a group has got the same starters, but each group has got different starters. Class Activities Students are in the groups of 3, or depending on the number of students. Every member of a group has got 4 sentences for story starters. All members of a group have got the same story starters, but each group has got different story starters. The students in the group begin their story with the same starter. The following sentences of story starters are freely ordered. Having finished the story making, each student tells the story to the group. They must have made different stories although the starters are the same. They compare their stories. The activities can be ...

To Educate or To Teach?

People define the words educate and teach differently. The people doing the job is called educator or teacher. Educator seems better since the person not only teaches but also has other responsibilities or roles such as providing moral values in the lessons, make students have positive attitude, knowing students’ condition, discovering the superiority of students, observing them carefully, and many more. The definition is broader than the definition of teacher. I refer the definition to other cases, actually. A teacher is defined as the one teaching and doing things relating to transferring knowledge. Some like being called an educator. What makes them different? The definition of the term or the real work? Are you a teacher or an educator? I still remember that my teachers ever talked about this. They said that they weren’t teachers but educators. They also showed the reasons of this matter. Others have got cool terms to refer teachers or educators like a chaos coordinator, ...