Skip to main content

Post 5. Story Cubes

Picture
  • Speaking game
  • Pre-Intermediate - Advance
  • To build story based on the picture and words in the cube

The Teacher
The teacher prepares the cubes with pictures and words like verbs, phrasal verbs, new vocabularies, and so forth. The cubes can be downloaded from www.islcollective.com or other resources, or the teacher can make them her/himself, to make this activity more suitable with the lessons/materials discussed in the class.

Class Activities
Students work in pair/group, depending on the number of students. Each student/pair/group has got 2 cubes: the pictures and the words. A student throws the cubes, s/he has got to build a story based on the picture and the provided words. In pairs/groups, the higher level students can make this activity as a chain story. The students must carefully listen to what the previous student(s) say in order to make a good story.

This activity can be used to teach writing or grammar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post 16. Grouping Students

How to divide students into some groups/pairs Pair works, group works, and class works are common class activities for a big class. When we split students into some teams, or they must work in pairs, we can use another way to group them. Every student has got a word. Students must go around the class and look for friends bringing words in the same given category or decided rule. The decided rules can be looking for synonym, finding the antonym, categorizing, or other ideas. Having found friends bringing the required words, they work in that group. By grouping students in this way, we can also review learnt vocabulary or provide new words for students.

Post 3. Who am I?

A fun activity to enhance students to speak; Picture crown

Writing Vs Imagining

I wish I could always update what I've started. Actually, I'm writing not to tell others of how teaching English is, but these are for my own reminder since I can't manage my stuff of teaching things well. By writing them, I can easily check what I want to use for my following different classes. However, I'm not good writing, and vlog now seems more popular; I mean useful; than blog. I hope someday I can continue writing. Have I got vlog? No, I haven't. I keep updating my Instagram, @teflcase_teachingenglish. It doesn't mean that I provide awesome teaching tips or such stuff, but I just want to make such kinds of place to save what I have made, so that in a different occasion I can look at them again for some purposes. I, actually, try to write more procedures of teaching English for some class activities, but I may rethink to continue writing due to some reasons. I know Imagining is more fun that Writing; I think. Then, I don't write but imagine. My bad...